Monday, March 28, 2011

Fork in the road...

Today is Monday, 3 days after my not so great trip to the doctor.  I have sat around the house this weekend with a huge amount of emotions running through my body.  I have cried, I have worried, I have laughed, I have been thankful, I have been mad and I have cried some more.  After being told that IVF was my only logical option for having another child...it has taken a toll on me emotionally.  We have two choices at this time, either pay the $20,000 and have a money gaurantee that we will have a successful pregnancy past 12 weeks OR to just stop here with our attempt at having our final child.  This has been a painful journey so far.  I never imagined I would be in the situation I am in after being blessed with 3 beautiful, healthy children in 1996, 1999 and in 2001.  I took for granted that I could have children effortlessly.

                                      

This weekend Ryan and I have thought and talked alot about where we go from here.  This is our fork in the road, a point where we stop and reflect on what to do and the consequences of each decision. 

And.... we have decided to move forward with IVF with double placement, meaning that we will have 2 fertilized eggs placed into my uterus with the hopes that at least 1 will take. 

I applied for a loan today to cover the medical expense of the procedure and medications.  Total we are looking at $20,000.  I guess at first it seems like alot, but when you think about it...most people pay this for a car.  If we can afford this for a vehicle...we can make it happen for our child.  This will put off our building a house until this loan is paid for...which again isn't a problem, we have waited this long...what's another year? 

I refuse to give up on something we have waited on for a long, long time...

We have an appointment with Dr.Deaton and the IVF coordinator on next Tuesday, April 5th.

Until then,
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment