Saturday, April 16, 2011

They say "Never put all of your eggs in the same basket"

I have never been much of a gambler, but for the first time in a very long time...I am considering putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak.

We have all but $4000 of the required money ($14,000) for IVF shared risk program.  It is time to decide.... do we try to come up with the 4k in the next 4 weeks or do we not do the shared risk program and just go through with the 1 shot IVF cycle for $10,000.  With the shared risk, we get a guarantee that the IVF works and we have a successful pregnancy through at least 14 weeks.  If not, we redo the cycle or get the majority of our money back.  With the 1 shot cycle, if the IVF doesn't work or if we miscarry.... that's it, the money is gone.  No guarantee, no 2nd chance, no baby....

What do you think?  Spend the $4000 extra and get the guarantee or stick with the 1 shot option and hope and pray that it works?  I am leaning toward the guarantee....but after we have already spent $3300 in pre-IVF work up, plus the $2500 in medication I am getting ready to have to buy...the extra $4000 (on top of the $10,000 we have) is really gonna be tough to come up with in a month.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Yv that is a really tough decision. I am not sure I could be as strong and determined as you in this situation; however if I were in your situation with your determination I think I would want a guarantee. If you decide to do the one shot would you be able to accept another failed attempt? I hate to see you hurt and disappointed again, I love you and hope whatever you two decide you get the precious baby you long for.

    ReplyDelete