Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Doctor Visit 6/7/11

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for my ultrasound and bloodwork to check my Estradiol and Progesterone levels.  To my best understanding, the estradoil has to do with how many follicles (eggs) I have along with their sizes.  Follicles have to be a certain size before they are mature and ready for retreival.  Today I had 27-32 follicles per ovary!  The largest one on the right side was 11 mm and on the left, 10 mm.  The doctor wants them between 18-21 for retreival, so although I have a ton of follicles...they still have a bit of growing to do.  My estradoil level was 985, which is relatively high for day 4.  They are guessing that by retreival, theat level will be well beyong 3,000.  They are watching me carefully so that hopefully I do not hyperstimulate.  If I do, that means that they will retreive the follicles, fertilize them and then freeze all embryos until next month, when my body is in a better condition to house the baby.

They also checked my progesterone level and it was at .09 was excellent.  They want it under 2.  This number tells them that I have not tried to ovulate and that the medicines are working to prevent that like they are supoosed to.

At this appointment, they did an ultrasound to not only look at the follicles, but to also measure the lining of my uterus.  It was 10 mm (or was this number in cm?), which the IVF coordinator referred to as "beautiful" 

My medication stays the same and will be looked at again on Friday for possible changes.  2 vials of Follistim and 1 vial Menopur with 5 units of Leuprolide.

Overall, this appointment went well.  I will know on Friday of this week which day next week that I will be going in for my retreival.  Excited~

No comments:

Post a Comment