Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thank you for your support and understanding

Up to this point, you may have followed us through our journey as we have experienced infertility, a failed IUI and now on this emotional rollercoaster called IVF.  I want to thank all of my family and friends who have answered my frantic phonecalls, listened to me cry and those who have kept up with my doctor appointments almost as well as I did :)  You all have been an enormous amount of support that has gotten me this far.  I love you for calling to check on me, just to make sure I was ok.  It means the world. 

As you know...the time is here.  I have been on injections for almost 2 weeks now and my stimulation medication started yesterday.  This IVF cycle has officially begun.  I am scheduled for my procedure the week of June 12th...only 1 week away.  Here is where I need your understanding....

I am overjoyed as I think of a positive outcome and I am also trying to maintain a sense of reality.  Although my thoughts remain positive, I know that this could go either way for us.  IVF is not a guaranteed healthy pregnancy.  Those who have joined us on this journey will be awaiting (not so patiently) for that phonecall, facebook post or text message from us come the end of June, hopefully bearing wonderful news that we are expecting.  But this will not happen.  I ask that for our sake, let's please not discuss this until Ryan and I are ready.  If you don't hear from us by the end of this month, don't be alarmed.  We will let you all know the outcome of this cycle when we feel it's time.  I know how easily it would be to try to get me to tell you the result, but please don't ask. If it is unsuccessful, Ryan and I will need time to deal with this...privately.  If it is successful, I will let each and every one of my family and friends know individually when the time is right :)

Thank you for your love and support!

2 comments:

  1. You are loved and much prayer is going up for you and Ryan and your family! What a journey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sending up prayers for you and Ryan and asking for the miracle you both want! Please let us know when you are ready! :-)

    ReplyDelete